Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Customer Service

I am always amazed how some businesses get it so right and some get it so wrong.  It applies to retail stores, doctors, lawyers, airlines, real estate agents, etc.  Customer service has to be a focus for them all otherwise these services - as much as they would like to think they can differentiate themseles - really cannot.  How can they demand a premium and still make customers happy? Customer service!! One example I got yesterday from my friend who is selling her house.  She was telling me she had one agent who had listed the house but the house had been on the market for months.  She switched agents to Martha Turner Realtors in Houston and offers were flooding in the door exactly as the realtor predicted.  What stood out to me is not that my friend is getting the offers on the house.  It was that she said she was happy to pay Martha Turner for their great services and responsiveness.  That should highlight to companies how important the customer service aspect is.  You can get more money for the same services if you treat your clients right.  Congrats Martha Turner.  You have an amazing woman at the head of that company and her great attitude has clearly flowed down to the realtors that serve that company.  I also have to brag on a retail store in Houston that gets customer service right.  It is called Melissa and it sells fantastically fun shoes in Uptown Park.  Ana Silva is the owner and she is a fantastic saleswoman.  She loves to get to know her clients and offers great ideas on how to where the shoes and other accessories.  I don't always buy every time I go in the store but I love going in there to say hi to a wonderful person who sells herself as much as the shoes because she invests time in her customers.  So cheers to two great ladies in Houston - and here's to hoping others get it that right too!

No comments:

Post a Comment