Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Hospitals

I am unfortunately spending some of this morning in the hospital with my boyfriend.  I am in the waiting room and it is such a juxtaposition of emotions from anger to sadness to hysteria - all of which are allowed and necessary in these circumstances.  I have been thinking about all the friends I have had in the hospital over the years and I think some of the most important conversations and real friendship experiences have come when I have visited them in the hospital or while at home after surgeries/sickness.  One party is extremely vulnerable.  If you are willing to show them that you love them even when they are helpless that goes a long way to tying the bonds of friendship tighter.  So go see those friends who are in the hospital or home bound for whatever reason.  Friendship is about your experiences together and these times can be some of the most important ones.

Praying for health and friendship for you all,
Marty Thompson
Manners Pro
www.mannerspro.com

No comments:

Post a Comment